The Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) advises that the Commonwealth Games Family is best described as all persons who are entitled to accreditation at the Games under the provisions of the CGF. These include the CGF executive, organising committees, athletes, CG associations, International federations, games sponsors and games workforce.
Regulations within 408.3 – Secondary Criteria, provide the criteria for members of the family unit as they relate to this visa subclass.
The following matters are specified:
Item 1237(2)(a)(i) – VAC
- The VAC is NIL for a Commonwealth Games Family Member who is registered for accreditation by the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Corporation
Reg 408.229A – the applicant’s eligible sponsor or supporter is:
- a charity registered by the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission
- an agency of the Commonwealth
- a State or Territory
- or an agency, Embassy or Consulate of a foreign Government
Reg 408.229(b) the specified event is:
- the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Reg 408.229(c) the specified class of persons is:
- Commonwealth Games Family Member, who is registered for accreditation by the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Corporation.
This Instrument commenced on 19 November 2016.
Extract MIA & https://www.legislation.gov.au/