What is a Professional Engineer?

Home/AUSTRALIA/What is a Professional Engineer?
Professional Engineers for Skilled Independent Subclass 189 Visa:
Professional Engineer:
The required academic qualification is an Australian 4 year bachelor degree in engineering at a University following 12 years of schooling or equivalent.
The Professional Engineer:
  • Focuses on overall systems
  • Pursues engineering opportunities in a holistic way, taking environmental, community & social issues into account
  • Applies systematic approaches to the conduct and management of engineering projects
  • Applies systematic engineering synthesis and design processes
  • Applies established engineering methods to complex engineering problems
  • Applies leadership & management skills
English Language Requirements
All applicants applying to have their skills assessed by Engineers Australia are required to provide evidence of their English language competency through either of the following tests:
following tests:
  • IELTS Applicants who provide an IELTS test result must have a minimum score of 6.0 in each of the four modules of speaking, listening, reading and writing. Engineers Australia accepts both the General and Academic versions of the test.
  • TOEFL iBT® From the 1st January 2016, Engineers Australia will be accepting the TOEFL iBT® as an alternative English language test to address the English language competency element of the Skills Assessment. Applicants will need a TOEFL iBT® result with the following minimal scores for each module: Listening: 12 Reading: 13 Writing: 21 Speaking: 18
IELTS and TOEFL iBT® results must not be more than 2 years old at the time your application is submitted.
Professional Engineer Category (Skill Level 1) with
  • Aeronautical Engineer (233911) including specializations
  • Agricultural Engineer (233912) including alternative title
  • Biomedical Engineer (233913) including specializations
  • Civil Engineer (233211) including specializations
  • Chemical Engineer (233111)
  • Electronics Engineers (233411) including specialization
  • Electrical Engineer (233311) including specializations
  • Environmental Engineer (233915)
  • Geotechnical Engineer (233212)
  • Industrial Engineer (233511) including specialization
  • Materials Engineer (233112)
  • Mechanical Engineer (233512) including specializations
  • Naval Architect (233916)
  • Production or Plant Engineer (233513) including specialization
  • Structural Engineer (233214)
  • Telecommunications Engineer (263311) including specialization
  • Telecommunications Network Engineer (263312) including alternative titles
  • Transport Engineer (233215)
  • Engineering Professional nec (233999)

Written by

Owner / Director RENU & ASSOCIATES PTY LTD The Bachelor of Laws (UK) Master of Migration Law & Practice (Australia) Migration Law Consultant And Registered Migration Agent MARN 1172407 http://renumigrationservices.com https://www.ozrecruitingassociates.com Australian Migration Law Consultant who has a comprehensive understanding of migration regulations and all visa categories across entire Australian Migration Law system. I hold Master of Migration Law & Practice in Australia and Bachelor of Law with Honours from UK. Currently I work as a Business Owner, Australian Migration Law Consultant and Registered Migration Agent. I act for diverse range of visa applicants both nationally and internationally. I am specialising in Employer Sponsored Visas, Skilled Visas, Business Skills Visas, Investment visas, Retirement visas, Student Visas, Partner (Spouse) Visas, Family and Child Visas, Tourist & Other Visitor Visas, Citizenship and Resident Return Visas.