Urgently looking for a Carpenter who meets RSMS criteria. You must be required to relocate at a short notice.
Location: Regional/Central QLD
Description construct, erect, install, renovate and repair structures and fixtures made of wood, plywood, wallboard and other materials, and cut, shape and fit timber parts to form structures and fittings.
- studying drawings and specifications to determine materials required, dimensions and installation procedures
- ordering and selecting timbers and materials, and preparing layouts
- cutting materials, and assembling and nailing cut and shaped parts
- erecting framework and roof framing, laying sub-flooring and floorboards and verifying trueness of structures
- nailing fascia panels, sheathing roofs, and fitting exterior wall cladding and door and window frames
- assembling prepared wood to form structures and fittings ready to install
- cutting wood joints
- may construct concrete formwork
- may repair existing fittings
- may work with plastic laminates, perspex and metals
Skill LevelMost occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
In Australia: AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)