Urgently looking for a Dairy Cattle Farmer who meets RSMS criteria. You must be required to relocate at a short notice to remote/outback QLD. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for candidates who hold Scl 417 , 462 or who are completing Scl 408 – special agriculture program visa. Attractive remuneration package and accommodation. The successful applicant will be involved in all aspects of running a cattle property of 7000 acres. Must have relevant Agriculture qualifications, knowledge of sustainable biological farming techniques, time controlled gazing management and strong work ethics. Must have Competent English.
- breeding and raising livestock for the production of honey, meat, milk, skins, eggs and wool
- monitoring and maintaining the health and condition of livestock
- providing pastures and fodder to maintain appropriate nutritional levels
- moving livestock to optimise feeding opportunities
- organising and conducting farming operations such as catching, drenching and milking livestock, sterilising machines, and collecting, grading and packaging produce
- directing and overseeing general farming activities such as maintaining pens, sheds and cages, fertilising, controlling pests and weeds, and growing fodder
- maintaining fences, equipment and water supply systems
- organising the sale, purchase and transportation of livestock and produce
- maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors
Skill Level: Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).